Sunday, March 08, 2015

My first time

I gazed into the eyes of my girlfriend and told her that this is it. Then, I looked at the tender fingers and carefully held one of them in mine. It was soft, supple and didn't show any sign of an advanced age. I patted myself mentally for the good choice I had made so late in my life.

I ran my thumb along the contours and rested it at the tip. This was pretty much my first time in this territory and I started going through all the advisory notes that had come my way. "Don't screw up" said one voice. "It is an easy task" said another. "There never is a perfect way" said another.

This was only adding to my tension. I had seen people doing this earlier. This must be easy I reassured myself. I also had to weigh in the fact that I was in a crowded place. Believe it or not, there were onlookers eagerly awaiting my next move. Some of them were even egging me on with a smile on their lips. My girlfriend was almost in tears seeing what I was about to do.

Finally, I took the next step and the resultant snapping sound proved that I had done the job correctly. Whatever be your age, the first time you buy Ladies Finger at the vegetable market is indeed a special occasion. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank god I read this post while on the toilet. There was a sink handy to vomit.