Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Mannar & Co Thangavelu is my latest alias


Long-time readers of my blog would be aware that I work out of two different offices in this city. Of course, I have used the word “work” in a very loose manner, but as long as I am employed, I guess I am entitled to say so.

And that brings me directly to the topic of this blog. You see, for the last 6-7 weeks, I have been working out of the office closer home and in fact, I haven’t visited the one near Chengalpet in almost 4 weeks now! The reason why I am doing this is because I don’t have a team per se for this said period and am doing a fair amount of pre-sales work – both of which allow for location flexibility.

Anyways, a couple of days back, my mother asked me if I was still employed. Quite shocked by her question, I asked her the logic behind that query. Her simple reasoning was that I must have been fired and in my endeavour to maintain an “image” at home and to society, I was pretending to go to office daily. Pretty much what the great Thangavelu did in Kalyana Parisu as a Manager in Mannar & Co. You can check that comedy scene here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRwJu2jROLc&feature=BFa&list=PL3432E88AF6BBE40D

Things have reached the stage where she has started calling me Thangavelu!

No comments: