Sunday, January 17, 2010

Impact of this year's edition of Chennai Sathamam, I mean, Chennai Sangamam

In this year's edition of Chennai Sathamam a.k.a Chennai Sangamam (my view of the previous edition is available here), Rock music and Sufi music - two of the most unique contributions that Tamil culture has given to human society - were included in their lineup. And since Elliots Beach still retains its urban appeal, the Rock music shows all seemed to be set only there. Needless to say, we have had a very quiet time in the last one week.

And this time around, the organisers advertised that the grand finale was also going to be held at the same beach. What this meant was absolute chaos in Besant Nagar. The traffic was way more than what this small neighborhood could handle. My street became a parking lot. One moronic SOB also parked his car right in front of my gate, thereby ensuring that the gate became a wall. I waited patiently for that scumbag to return and vented out mildly; mildly because he had a youngster with him, who was taller and in much better shape than I was.































And then the fireworks started. This resulted in the cat that is roaming around my house to take refuge under my new sofa!




I really pray to God that something happens to this goddamn event and it gets canceled!

No comments: