Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Statistics for an earlier article

More than a month back, I posted this article where I mentioned about the insane number of advertisements that are shown while movies are telecast on festival days.

At 6 PM today, Sun TV started telecasting the movie 'Vettaiyadu Villayadu'. When the first interruption for advertisements started, I decided to clock the telecast and here are the results (in minutes):

1. Advertisements = 06:08.7 (I didn't start the stop clock until the 2nd ad)
2. Movie = 17:27.5
3. Ad = 06:49.6
4. Movie = 17:14.6
5. Ad = 06:22.4
6. Movie = 14:07.0
7. Ad = 05:56.1

The time here could be off by a couple of seconds here and there, since I have to first react to the interruption and then press appropriate keys in the stopwatch.
They then went off to the 7.30 PM news. Dunno if they are going to resume the movie after few more ads!!!

Kinda related note: I'm liking the movie so far. :)

No comments: